Utility infrastructure project beginning in Long Beach
Special to Long Beach Breeze
The Harrison County Utility Authority (HCUA) recently announced an upcoming major infrastructure construction project being performed by the Harrison County Utility Authority that will begin August 2021 and take place over the following year at various locations throughout Long Beach. The project is funded by the RESTORE Act (BP Money) and local funds. The intent of the project is to replace an aging Harrison County Utility Authority sewer transmission main that serves the majority of Long Beach.
During the construction process, there will be road closures, detours, and anticipated utility outages. HCUA asks everyone to be patient with crews as this project progresses, as it is a large undertaking that requires coordination from everyone, including the public.
Starting August 15, a portion of Pineville Road has been closed to traffic from Clower Avenue to Alexander Road. Motorists are asked to follow detour signs in the area.
The time frames for all of the affected areas had not been announced at press time, but other areas that will be affected include:
• Pineville Road: between Clower Avenue and Seal Avenue
• North Seal Avenue: between Pineville Road and Willow Lane
• Willow Lane
• Klondyke Road: intersection of Willow Lane and Klondyke
• North Cleveland Avenue: intersection of North Cleveland and Allen Road
• Allen Road: between North Cleveland and Nicholson Avenue
• Nicholson Road: between Allen Road and E Railroad Street
• Plantation Drive: south side rear easement
• Beatline Road: Plantation Drive to Johnson Road
• Johnson Road: Beatline to Espy Avenue
• Espy Avenue: Johnson Road to Demourelle Road
• Derrick Road
• Demourelle Road
• Menge Avenue: Derrick Road to Demourelle Road
For additional information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.